Ever thought of a career in health? Mental Health to be more specific.Relevant to: Admin & Clerical
Would you like to have an insight into the different healthcare professions working in mental health?
Would you like to explore what the journey is like for a service user?
We have teamed up with South London and the Maudsley Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust to bring you the 'Discover Careers in Mental Healthcare', an interactive work experience simulation, where you will:
- Explore the range of professions in mental healthcare,
- Take part in live simulations with health professionals and actors and have an opportunity to see how mental healthcare is delivered and to
- Gain knowledge about the patient journey and the personal skills needed to be a mental healthcare professional.
The session will take place on Tuesday 15th August 2017 at 9.30am to 3.30pm.
The session will take place at one of South London and the Maudsley Mental Health Trust sites.
How to Apply?
You must complete all sections in the Work Experience in Mental Health application form once you have registered for Discover Healthcare.
The deadline for applications is Monday 31st July.
Who can apply?
- You must be 16 years and over at the time of the work experience.
- You must currently be in education?
- You must not have already gained a university degree.
- Due to the limited number of spaces, priority will be given to those who live or study in Southwark or Lambeth in the first instance, and to those who can demonstrate in their application, a keen interest in pursuing a career in mental health.