Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and Kings College London’s Biomedical Research Centre offer free one day training sessions to patients and members of the public living in south east London and to patients of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. This will help you to find out more about how patients and the public can help influence medical research.
What will the training cover?
- An overview of the Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) and the types of research it does.
- An introduction to the research process, from ideas to results.
- The role of patients and the public in supporting research.
Who can attend?
- Patients and the public who are already involved in research projects.
- People who are not yet involved but are interested in finding out more.
- People who would like to become advisors in research.
- People living in south east London or patients of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
The next session TBC
All sessions will run from 10:30- 15:30 at the Biomedical Research Centre on the 16th Floor of the Tower Wing at Guy’s Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9RT (five minute walk from London Bridge station). We will provide lunch and refreshments.
Places are limited.
The training will be facilitated by Patient Representatives; Sue Hampton-Matthews and Alero Dabor.