Essentia are currently looking for apprentices.
Essentia designs, builds and maintains healthcare infrastructure vital to the smooth running of healthcare services. An essential part of Guy's & St. Thomas' Hospital, we combine exceptionally high standards and public sector values with commercial focus, innovative thinking and modern technology to create the best possible patient environment and provide the best possible patient care.
We are currently recruiting to the following apprenticeship programmes:
• Facilities Services in Accommodation - Apprentices in the area will be involved in a variety of services including client liaison- front desk, housekeeping and maintenance.
• Customer Services - Apprentices will work in the call centres providing a range of services such as bookings, cancellations, patient transport assessments, facilities services deck and cancer network services.
• Facilities Services in Housekeeping - Apprentices will assist the Trust in reducing hospital acquired infections by providing cleaning services and learning to use a range of technical machines.
• 3 Year Programme in Sterile Services - Apprentices will take part in a 3 year programme gaining a different qualification each year:
The following apprenticeship programmes will be coming soon:
• Patient and Retail Catering Apprenticeship - Apprentices will provide meals to patients and will work with and shadow catering management. Apprentices will also work with the retail teams to serve food and keep our retail services operational
• Facilities Services in Central Production Unit - Within the CPU apprentices will help the team prepare these meals gaining chef experience but within a ‘mass production’ environment.
• Higher Apprenticeships in IT
• Higher Apprenticeships in Project Management
Wages will vary depending on the programme, but will start from £6.40 per hour. To find out more about any of the above vacancies please contact [email protected]