Applications for MedView 2018 are now open! A 3-day programme to prepare students to make successful applications to medicine.
Welcome to the application form for the MedView programme, here at King's College London!
MedView: 3rd - 5th April 2018
During the course of the programme, participants will take part in various interactive workshops, mock lectures and hands on clinical skills sessions which are designed to provide information that will enhance applications to medical school. Participants will also meet current medical students and take part in practise sessions for the UKCAT exam and interviews.
The real highlight of MedView is a one-day clinical placement in a local hospital or GP practice.
Structure of the programme:
3rd April - King's College London, Guy's Campus (09:30 - 17:00)
4th April - Placement Day (09:00 - 17:00)
5th April - King's College London, Guy's Campus (09:30 - 17:00)
Travel and lunch costs will be reimbursed.
You must be available to attend all three days between 3rd - 5th April 2018.
Before starting your application, please ensure that you are eligible for the programme.
The eligibility criteria includes students who:
- began their studies in Year 12/ Access Course, as of September 2017
- attend a non-selective state school/college within a London or Greater London borough
- are studying both Chemistry and Biology A Levels
- have achieved GCSE English Language and Maths at least grade B/6, and an overall minimum of 5 A or A* grades at GCSE.
Exceptions to the above criteria will be made for students who currently live or have previously lived in local authority care.
Please note the following before continuing:
- You must complete the application in one go as it is not possible to return to the form.
- You will require the contact details of a teacher at your school, when completing this form. Please have this information ready.
- A failure to gain a place on the Med-View Programme will have no impact on any admissions decisions should you apply to study at King's College London in the future.
If you have any questions, please contact the King's Outreach for Medicine Department: [email protected]
Please follow the link below to apply for the MedView 2018 programme.